In this blog, we will understand how to to generate bulk consolidated e-way bills on the e-way bill portal.
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Enter the User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click "Login"
- On successful authentication of the credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up
- On the left hand side of the main menu of the e-way bill portal, click the option "Consolidated EWB"
- Click the sub-option "Generate Bulk"
- On doing so, a screen will appear wherein one needs to upload the relevant JSON file
- Click "Choose File" to browse for the JSON file containing the details to be included in the e-way bills, and then click "Upload & Generate"
- On doing so, the portal will process the request. If there is an error, it will show up on the "Error Description" field. If all is in order, one will be able to generate bulk consolidated e-way bill
- Post generation, one can now cut and paste the results from the grid into one's system and use them as per the requirement
Obtaining JSON file for Bulk Consolidated E-way Bills
The JSON file which one needs to upload, can be created in 2 ways:
- Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Format File
- Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Preparation Tool
Both the Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Format File and the Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Preparation Tool, are available for download from the e-way bill portal, if one follows the steps below:
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Click on the "How To Use" tab
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Bulk Generation Tools"
- Once one does that, one will see a page opening, which includes a host of bulk generation attributes & tools
Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Format File
If one is more comfortable with working on JSON files, one may go for this option.
- In the "Bulk Generation Tools" page, click "Consolidated E-waybill JSON Format"
- On doing so, a webpage will open up, wherein one needs to right-click, choose "Save As", and save the file on the system. The file will get downloaded on the system as a JSON file.
- In the same page, click "Consolidated E-waybill Attributes". An excel sheet will be downloaded, which will include the consolidated e-way bill JSON format, parameters and master codes, which will help one to fill the JSON file with the right details of the request.
- While a single JSON file with multiple requests are allowed, it is recommended that the JSON file is prepared with a maximum of 200 requests to avoid uploading challenges.
- Finally, validate all the parameters of the request, as per the format, codes and interlinked values before preparing the final JSON file, which one can then upload as discussed above.
If one is more comfortable working with excel sheets, one may go for this option.
- In the "Bulk Generation Tools" page, click "Consolidated E-waybill JSON Preparation"
- On doing so, an excel sheet will be downloaded, which will include a welcome note, an e-way bill format, master codes, and a sample consolidated e-way bill.
- In the 2nd sheet named "e-way bill", one can fill in the details of the request, and once that is done, one can click "Validate". Once the validation is done, one can then click "Prepare JSON", and obtain the JSON file, which can then be uploaded as discussed above.
While both options are seamless, the JSON Preparation Tool will provide a greater ability to verify what one has keyed in, compared to working on the JSON Format File. However, similar to bulk e-way bills, both methods will help to quickly generate bulk consolidated e-way bills.